TERMS OF SERVICE
SIGNIUS S.A. – SIGNIUS joint-stock company with the headquarters in Poznań, Zygmunta Krasińskiego 16 (60-830), with the company’s registration files being held by the District Court for Poznań Nowe Miasto and Wilda, 8th thCommercial Division, with the company registration number (KRS): KRS: 0000802318, NIP: 7812001832, REGON: 384540150, e-mail address: email@example.com; phone number: + 48 61 415 22 12, being the administrator of the Signius Platform.
Customer Service Department – a designated organisational unit of the Seller, the purpose of which is contacting the Customer in order to negotiate the conditions of the service or any potential complaints. The Customer Service Department can be reached by phone: + 48 61 415 22 12 and e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Certification Centre – entity providing Qualified Trusted Services within the scope of the Electronic Signature with whom the Customer, via SIGNIUS S.A. can conclude an agreement for the provision of services in the scope of the Digital Signatures.
Price list – price list of services provided by the Signius Platform available at signius.eu
Certificate – an electronic certificate thanks to which the data used to verify the digital signature can be linked to the person placing the digital signature and to identify the person.
Workdays – weekdays from Monday to Friday, excluding all public holidays in the Republic of Poland.
Customer’s Document – the document made available to the Seller in order for the Digital Signature to be placed on it.
Password – a combination of letters, numbers or symbols established and known only to the Customer, which enables the Customer to access the Customer’s Account on the Signius Platform.
Customer – a natural person aged 18 and above having full legal capacity, a legal entity or an organisational unit the specific regulations of which provide it with legal capacity who/which wants to place the Digital Signature on the shared Customer’s Document via the Signius Platform. The Terms of Service may specify different categories of the Customers and scope of access to the functions of the Signius Platform for specific Customer categories.
Customer’s Account – a space on the Signius Platform available to the Customer after registration in the Registration process and logging in. Via the Customer’s Account the customer can introduce, manage, send and obtain the data in the structure of the Signius Platform. Using the Customer’s Account in the basic version is free. The services provided via the Signius Platform are additionally payable. The Customer’s Account may occur in many different versions and therefore offer either additional or simplified functions.
Signius Platform – an online platform available at www.signius.eu belonging to SIGNIUS S.A. via which the Customer can have the Digital Signature placed on the Customer’s Document.
Digital Signature – digital signature obtained by the Customer via the Signius Platform; type of the Digital Signature depends on the Customer’s purchased service, the types of Electronic Signatures are available at www.signius.eu/en and in the Price List.
Terms of Service – this document regulating the terms and conditions of the usage and functioning of the Signius Platform, types and the scope of services provided via the Signius Platform, terms of the provision of these services, the rights and obligations of the Customers, the rights and obligations of SIGNIUS S.A. being the entity operating the Signius Platform and all potential attachments to this document mentioned in it, forming the integral part thereof.
Registration – set of activities based on the Customer correctly filling in the online form at the Signius Platform, resulting in the creation of the Customer’s Account in order for the Customer to be able to use all the functions of the Signius Platform.
Identity Verification – an online service of verifying the identity of the Customer conducted by the Verifier using selected tools.
Verifier – the entity conducting the Identity Verification of the Customer.
- The website available at signius.eu is run by SIGNIUS S.A. The website might also be reachable at other website addresses.
- The Customer can contact SIGNIUS S.A. via:
- phone: +48 61 415 22 12,
- e-mail: email@example.com
- by post at: ul. Zygmunta Krasińskiego 16, 60-830 Poznań.
- This Terms of Service document includes among others:
a. The rules, types, and scope of the services provided in the electronic form via the Signius Platform;
b. Conditions of the provision of services in the electronic form via the Signius Platform including: technical requirements necessary for cooperation with the ICT system used by SIGNIUS S.A., and the prohibition for the to provide illegal content;
c. Conditions of entering into and withdrawing from contracts regarding the provision of services in the electronic form via the Signius Platform;
d. The complaint procedures.
- The Customer is obligated to follow this Terms of Service and the generally applicable legal regulations, in particular it is forbidden to post on the Signius Platform any illegal content, including a content encouraging racial, ethnic, religious discrimination, containing pornography, expressing support for fascism, Nazism, communism, promoting violence, offending the religious feelings of others, violating the personal rights of others, especially the copyright, etc.
- The Customer being a natural person by accepting this Terms of Service document declares being of legal age and having full legal capacity.
- The entity responsible for the contents of the Customer’s Document is the Customer who uploaded the Customer’s Document on the Signius Platform. The content of the Customer’s Documents is not verified by SIGNIUS S.A.
- Before the Customer uploads the Customer’s Documents on the Signius Platform, which contain personal data, the Customer is obliged to conclude with SIGNIUS S.A. an agreement for entrusting the processing of personal data, in accordance with the applicable provisions on the protection of personal data, in particular art. 28 of the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Regulation on Data Protection ). Without concluding such an agreement, the Customer may not place Customer’s Documents on the Signius Platform, if such documents contain personal data.
REGULATIONS, TYPES, AND SCOPE OF SERVICES PROVIDED IN THE ELECTRONIC FORM VIA THE SIGNIUS PLATFORM
- Via the Signius Platform, SIGNIUS S.A. provides services by electronic means that enable the Customer to place the Customer’s Documents on the Signius Platform in order to obtain the Digital Signatures of various types and from various persons, and for the possibility of placing the Digital Signatures of various types on the Customer’s Documents and documents placed on the Signius Platform by other entities. The services mentioned above may in particular include: Customer’s Account service, Customer’s Identity Verification, placing the Digital Signature on the Customer’s Documents.
- Depending on the selected type of Electronic Signature, the provision of a specific service may require the operation of a specialised entity (in particular a qualified trusted service provider). In such case, these services will be provided by specialised entities on a separate and detailed basis for a given service, about which the Customer will be informed before using the service.
- Identity Verification is necessary to obtain the Digital Signature via the Signius Platform. Identity Verification may be performed using a biometric system.
- Identity Verification may be necessary to obtain the Digital Signature via the Signius Platform. Identity Verification may be performed using a biometric system.
- Verification using an ID card or passport is possible only on the basis of an identity card or a passport issued by countries belonging to the European Union or the United Kingdom.
- After uploading the Customer’s Document on the Signius Platform in the Customer’s Account, providing the telephone number and e-mail address of the person whose Digital Signature is to appear on the Customer’s Document and the choice of electronic signatures, a link will be generated enabling the signing of the Customer’s Document, which can be sent by the Customer to the person whose Digital Signature is to be applied to the Customer’s Document, or such link may be sent by the Signius Platform directly to the selected person. The Customer shall bear full risk as to the authenticity and correctness of the personal and contact details of the person designated by him/her to sign the Customer Document. By entering such data, the User shall have permission to use it on the Signius Platform, and in the event of unauthorised submission of such data, the User shall bear all the responsibility connected with entering such data on the Signius Platform.
- In the case of choosing the type of Electronic Signature, which does not require Identity Verification, SIGNIUS does not verify the identity of the Clients, and consequently SIGNIUS is not responsible in the event that the Client does not have the right to use the data indicated in his User Account.
- The person whose Digital Signature is to be applied to the Client’s Document, after receiving the link referred to in sec. 6 of this paragraph, if it was not a Customer before, must register and set up the Customer’s Account, which makes that person the Customer. After registration, the Customer receives access to the Customer’s Account and is able to apply the Digital Signature to the Customer’s Document available on the Customer’s Account. The requirement to register and set up a Client Account does not apply to persons indicated by the Client to sign the agreement, if the Client chooses to sign electronically, for which Registration is not required. Click to view the Signius Platform Terms and Conditions for non-registered users.
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY FOR OPERATING WITH THE COMPUTERISED SYSTEM ON THE SIGNIUS PLATFORM
- In order to use to Signius Platform correctly, at least the following technical requirements need to be met:
a. Internet connection,
b. A device that allows for using the Internet,
c. An Internet browser: Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Opera or Safari – in the updated version, supporting the cookies technology,
d. In case of video verification: a webcam, microphone and a speaker integrated with the device and available for the browser used by the Customer, as well as Internet connection allowing to perform video conferences,
e. An active e-mail account,
f. A mobile phone that can receive SMS.
- Using the Signius Platform can be dependent on the installation of the Java, Java Script- type software and accepting the cookie files.
- The size of a single Customer’s Document uploaded on the Signius Platform by the Customer may not exceed 10 Mb. The Customer’s Document must be in one of the formats supported by the Signius Platform.
ENTERING INTO, WITHDRAWING FROM AND TERMINATING THE CONTRACT REGARDING THE PROVISION OF SERVICES WITH SIGNIUS
- Using the Signius Platform means fully accepting these Terms of Service.
- The Customer accepts these Terms of Service by ticking the appropriate box during the Registration.
- With the moment of completing the Registration, the Customer enters into a contract with SIGNIUS S.A. for an indefinite period of time.
- A Customer who is a consumer as defined in article 221 of the Polish Civil Code, meaning a natural person performing a legal act with an entrepreneur that is not directly connected with the person’s economic or professional activity (further referred to as: “Consumer Customer”) who entered into a contract remotely, has the right to withdraw from in within 14 days after entering into this contract (in this case since the completion of the Registration) without providing any reason or incurring any additional costs.
- The right to withdraw discussed in sec. 4 of this paragraph, in accordance with article 38 (1) of the act of 30 May 2014 the Consumer Rights Act (further referred to as: the “Consumer Rights Act”) does not apply if SIGNIUS S.A. has already provided a complete service with a clear consent of the Consumer Customer, who has been informed before the start of the service provision that after it is completed by SIGNIUS S.A. the Consumer Customer loses the right to withdraw from the contract.
- SIGNIUS S.A. informs that in accordance with article 12 sec. 1 (12) of the Customer Rights Act after the completion of service provision by SIGNIUS S.A., the Consumer Customer loses the right to withdraw from the contract.
- In order to use the right to withdraw, the Consumer Customer should make a clear statement to SIGNIUS S.A. about their decision to withdraw from the contract with SIGNIUS S.A. The statement can be submitted using the Withdrawal from the contract form figuring as Attachment 1 to this Terms of Service Document.
- The withdrawal statement can be sent by the Consumer Customer to SIGNIUS S.A. via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or via post (the address provided in § 2 sec. 2 of this Terms of Service Document). The customer may use a ready-made withdrawal form – click to view.
- To meet the withdrawal deadline, the Customer being a consumer needs to send the withdrawal from a contract with SIGNIUS S.A. before the withdrawal period has expired.
- SIGNIUS S.A. will return all the payments made by the Customer within 14 days from receiving a valid statement for the withdrawal from a contract entered in remotely. The return of the payments is made via the same payment method as used by the Consumer Customer in the original transaction, unless they agreed on a different solution. There are no extra charges for the Consumer Customer regarding this return.
- The Customer has the right to ask for deletion of the Customer’s Account at any time and SIGNIUS S.A. is obligated to delete the Customer’s Account immediately.
- The request referred to in the above section must be submitted to SIGNIUS S.A. via e-mail to the address email@example.com or in written form to the address of SIGNIUS S.A. specified in § 2 para. 2 of the Terms of Service document. The request shall indicate the e-mail address associated with the Customer Account.
- The request for deletion of the Account is equal to making a statement for termination of the contract with SIGNIUS S.A. for the provision of services outlined in this Terms of Service document.
- The contract is terminated with the moment of the reception of the request mentioned in sec. 11 above.
- The Customer can also terminate the contract with SIGNIUS S.A. for the provision of services outlined in this Terms of Service document at any time by making a statement in this regard to SIGNIUS S.A. via e-mail account connected with the Customer’s Account to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org or in the written form to the SIGNIUS S.A. address provided in the § 2 sec. 2 of this Terms of Service document and providing their e-mail address identical with the one connected with the Customer’s Account. This termination is effective from the moment of its reception by SIGNIUS S.A. SIGNIUS S.A. then deletes the Customer’s Account immediately after the reception of the statement mentioned above, and in the case of a statement in the written form after having confirmed it via e-mail sent to the address connected with the Customer’s Account.
- SIGNIUS S.A. can terminate the contract for the provision of services outlined in this Terms of Service document with the Customer and delete the Customer’s Account if they violate the regulations of this Terms of Service document or the generally applicable legal regulations despite the notice given by SIGNIUS S.A. via e-mail sent to the e-mail address provided by the Customer in the registration form to refrain from the violations and setting a deadline for that.
- The Customer will be informed about the termination of the contract via e-mail, in accordance with the procedure described in sec. 16 above. The e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address provided by the Customer in the registration form.
- The Customer, whose contract with SIGNIUS S.A. for the provision of services outlined in this Terms of Services document has been terminated, cannot register again without the consent of SIGNIUS S.A.
- Deleting the Customer’s Account or terminating the contract according with the procedure described in sec. 11 or sec. 16 does not free the Customer from the obligation to pay for the services ordered before the request to delete the Customer’s Account or the termination of the contract.
- All refunds will be made using the same payment method by which the payment was made by the user.
- In order to complete the Registration it is necessary to:
a. fill in the registration form in which the Customer provides their data such as for example: name and last name, phone number, e-mail address, nationality, password; In the case of a Customer with an economic activity, the Customer also needs to provide data connected with the economic activity such as the company name and its legal form, address, NIP; if the Customer is a legal person or an organisational unit and specific provisions grant them legal capacity, the Customer also provides data related to this activity, i.e. company, legal form, NIP,
b. verify the phone number, taking into account the procedures of the Signius Platform and verify the e-mail address through the activation link,
c. familiarise oneself with the contents of this Terms of Service document and accept it by ticking the appropriate boxes,
d.in the case when the Customer wishes to receive commercial information from SIGNIUS S.A. – agree to receiving the abovementioned information by ticking the appropriate box,
- By completing the Registration, the Customer may voluntarily proceed to use the Signius Platform and declares that the data provided by the Customer in the registration form is complete and correct
- Completing the Registration may require further verification from the Customer by for example confirming their e-mail address, confirming via an activation link, an SMS, confirming via the token validation code or filling in CAPTCHA.
- By completing the Registration, the Customer declares that they have familiarised themselves with this Terms of Service document, agrees to it, and voluntarily proceeds to use the Signius Platform and that the data provided in the registration form is correct and does not infringe upon any rights of third parties.
- Registration is necessary to obtain the Digital Signature via the Signius Platform. The Signius Platform allows for the creation of certain types of Electronic Signatures without Registration by persons selected to sign by the Customer.
- The Customer can access the Customer’s Account by logging into the Signius Platform by using the e-mail address and the Password provided in the registration form.
- The Customer’s Account may come in many different versions and therefore offer either additional or simplified functions.
- Registered Customer has the right to change the data provided in the registration form at any time.
- Registered Customer is obligated to update the data provided in the registration form immediately if the data changes.
- The Customer accepts liability for potentially providing incorrect data or retaining data that is incomplete, obsolete, or untrue.
- The Customer is obligated to keep their Password to themselves and not share to it with any third parties. In the case of a suspicion that the Customer’s Password has been obtained by a third party, the Customer is obligated to immediately notify SIGNIUS S.A. SIGNIUS S.A. is not liable for the damages resulting from sharing the Customer’s e-mail address or the Password with any unauthorised persons.
- The Customer has the right to file a complaint regarding the functioning of the Signius Platform, also when the services outlined in this Terms of Service document are not performed by SIGNIUS S.A. or are performed in a way that is not consistent with the regulations included in this Terms of Service document.
- The complaint needs to be filed via an e-mail sent to the e-mail address email@example.com or in the written form via post sent to the address provided in § 2 sec. 2 of this Terms of Service document. The customer can use a ready-made complaint form – click to view.
- The complaint should include: e-mail related to the Customer Account, full name, an accurate description of the objections and the reason for filing the complaint as well as the expected outcome.
- In the case when the data provided in the complaint is incomplete, in order to properly process the Customer’s complaint, SIGNIUS S.A. might contact the Customer filing the complaint asking to complete it withing a specific scope and timeframe.
- SIGNIUS S.A. processes the complaint within 14 days from its reception or 14 days from the Customer completing the necessary data and documents. By filing the complaint, the Customer agrees for SIGNIUS S.A. to send the response to the complaint via e-mail.
- SIGNIUS S.A. reserves the right not to respond to the complaint that is clearly unfounded, e.g. when a complaint filed by a given Customer based on the same allegation as before, which was rejected by SIGNIUS S.A. has been filed again. The complaints resulting from the failure to comply with the regulations of this Terms of Service document by the Customer will not be considered.
- Some services provided by SIGNIUS S.A. on the Signius Platform might entail additional charges.
- The Customer, before making payment, will be informed about the charge via a message about the order with the obligation to pay. This message will require the Customer’s acceptance. The pricing of the services provided on the Signius Platform is available at http://www.signius.eu. Individual package pricing for the services provided by SIGNIUS S.A. is possible.
- All prices in the Price List mentioned in sec. 2 of this paragraph may be provided in polish zloty, euro, koruna, and are final prices, meaning they include all the components such as VAT.
- After selecting the type of Digital Signature service, the Customer will be presented with both one-time and multiple-use payment options as well as the option of subscription along with prices.
- The Customer has an option to pay for their electronic signature and for electronic signatures of other customers and persons who sign the customer’s document, along with the identity verification of that customer. If the Customer chooses a type of Electronic Signature for which no registration of the person indicated by the Customer for the signature is required, it may be required that the Customer pays for the Electronic Signature of this person.
- If an Electronic Signature is selected and an Identity Verification is required, it may be necessary to pay a fee for this Identity Verification. The amount of this fee will be displayed to the Customer before it is incurred.
- Each subscription is automatically renewed at the end of its original term. If the Customer wants to cancel the automatic subscription extension, the Customer has the option to disable the subscription in the Customer’s Account menu.
- In the event of resignation from the subscription during its duration, or removal of the Customer’s Account during the subscription, the Customer cannot receive a refund of all or part of the subscription fee. Despite the resignation, the Customer may use the subscribed service until the end of the subscription period or until the limit of signatures is reached.
- SIGNIUS S.A. uses external payment service providers for online transfer payments made via the electronic payment system. In order to complete the payment the Customer will be redirected onto the website of the chosen provider. Before making the payment, the Customer should familiarise themselves with the terms and conditions of service provision of the payment service provider and the contents of the demanded agreements.
- The Customer will receive a bill or an invoice in the electronic form sent to the e-mail address provided on the Signius Platform.
MANAGING THE PERSONAL DATA BY SIGNIUS S.A.
- The personal data and image of the Customer and other persons for whom services are provided are processed by SIGNIUS S.A.
- All economic copyrights to the contents on the Signius Platform belong to SIGNIUS S.A. and are subject to legal protection.
- SIGNIUS S.A. explicitly stipulates that all the materials available on the Signius Platform (especially the graphics, texts, images) are protected, in particular under the act of 4 February 1994 on the copyright and the related rights. The Customer has the right to use them only for the allowed personal use. Copying, multiplication, distribution and other forms of using the materials from the Signius Platform beyond the legally permitted boundaries is strictly forbidden.
- The regulations of this paragraph do not apply to the Customer’s Document uploaded on the Signius Platform.
- For the purposes of publicly sharing that the Customer is using SIGNIUS software and services, SIGNIUS is entitled to publish the Customer’s name, trademark and use case on SIGNIUS’s web pages or publicly sharing this in any other manner, including through publications on a third party web page or through another media. The customer, however, might disapprove the publication in writing.
- In the case of Customers who are not Consumers, all disputes connected with this Terms of Service document will be resolved by the court of local jurisdiction for the headquarters of SIGNIUS S.A.
- In the cases not regulated by this Terms of Service document provisions of the Civil Code, the bill from 30 May 2014 on the Consumer Rights, the bill from 18 July 2020 on the provisions of services by electronic means and other appropriate generally applicable legal regulations apply.
- If any of the regulations of this Terms of Service document turns out to be invalid, ineffective or unenforceable to any extend, it will not influence the validity of all the other regulations of this Terms of Service document.
- SIGNIUS S.A. reserves the right to change or update this Terms of Service document. All the changes and updates of this Terms of Service document will be visible on the Signius Platform at least 14 days before they begin to apply. The Customer will be notified about the changes and updates of this Terms of Service document via e-mail.
- If the Customer does not accept the new contents of this Terms of Service document, they have the right to terminate the contract with SIGNIUS S.A. within 14 days from being informed about the change to this Terms of Service document.
- The integral parts of this Terms of Service document are:
b. Attachment 1- Withdrawal form – click here to open;
This Terms of Service document applies as of 21.06.2022.